Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tax Bitches!

Let’s just call a cow and cow and stop treating it like it’s a horse. Americans (mainly the GOP and Tea Party) need to wake up and smell the truth: this is NOT Regan’s America. If I hear one more bitchy complaint about how Regan cut taxes by balancing the budget (while leaving the poor to sit in their own poop) I’m going to smack the shit out of that person. This is a whole new century, why are you still acting like old tactics still work?

The GOP and Tea Party raised a lot of hell in 2010 about the deficit and how Obama and the Dems needs to stop spending and borrowing and start cutting down the deficit. They made a huge point and successfully pointed out that yes, America is losing its thrill and money and we need to cut down the deficit. However, these power-horny (yes, I said horny) morons failed to offer up a plan that will do it without raping lower class America.

I’m sorry if my parents didn’t work themselves to death to put me through school—oh wait they couldn’t, my mom died early and my dad did what he could to raise two kids. No, this isn’t a sob story; this is just one of many that are American stories. The Tea Party and GOP seem to think the only real American’s are themselves. They’re always on television talking about how they represent “real America.” Who the fuck do they think “real America” is?

I’ll tell you who they think real America is: corporations. Look, there is no excuse for a billion dollar corporation to not have to pay a penny in federal taxes. Here’s an example, Bank of America made $1 billion last year from tax payers and paid $0 in federal taxes. I, a tax payer with a Bank of America bank account, made $46,000 last year and I have to pay $56 in federal taxes. Sure not bank busting but how is it that a lone, single female with no property has to shell out more taxes than a huge corporation with branches all over the fricking country?
That’s what “real America” is folks.

I’m not saying I shouldn’t pay taxes, hell I don’t complain about having too because I knew growing up that was a part of life. But don’t yell fuck you to my fast by trying to justify your ridiculous tax breaks to the wealthy. Paying taxes is part of being an American. You have to pay to live in this country. Every other working and functioning country that pays taxes do it and live with it.

It’s high time the GOP and Tea Party realize America is not the exception. Either you guys stop complaining about doing the obvious and pay your fucking taxes, or take your tax hating asses to Canada. See how well that works out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment